This post was translated. See the content in its original language here.
The CNBV The CNBV publishes the financial information at the end of June 2020 of the entities in the sector of Multiple Purpose Financial Companies, Regulated Entities (SofomER)
- In September 2019, NR Finance México, SA de CV, SOFOM, ER ceased to be SOFOM ER, to become a public limited company issuing securities. In August 2019, this entity represented 30.1% of the sector’s assets, 37% of the stockholders’ equity and 36% of the net result. As a consequence of the relative weight of the entity in the sector, the effect of the exit of NR Finance is observed in the comparisons with previous periods and will be maintained until 12 months after its exit.
- Statistical information is published on the Unconsolidated SofomERs sector with Multiple Banking Institutions, at the end of June 2020, made up of 27 institutions in operation.
- In June 2020, the total assets of the sector (SofomERs) reached 259,172 million pesos (mp); which represented a real annual negative variation of 33.0%. By excluding NR Finance, which became an issuing company, the decrease in assets in the sector would be 4.5% per year in real terms.
- The current loan portfolio of the sector reached a balance of $ 195,839 million pesos at the end of June 2020, with a real annual decrease of 38.0%, representing 75.6% of total assets. By excluding NR Finance, the reduction in the sector’s current portfolio would be 11.2% per year in real terms
- Liabilities reached $ 207,207 million pesos, with a real annual decrease of 32.8% lower than June 2019. By excluding NR Finance, the contraction of the sector’s liabilities would be a real annual 6.4%.
- The sector’s net result was $ 1,789 million pesos, with a negative real annual variation of 54.9% compared to June 2019. For its part, the return on assets (ROA) was located at 1.13% and the return on equity (ROE) by 5.76%. By excluding NR Finance, the decrease in Net Income would be 35.90 per year in real terms.
 The amounts are presented in millions of pesos (expressed as “mp”) except when otherwise indicated; In some cases, the sums of the variances and the totals may not match due to rounding of figures. On the other hand, the annual and monthly variations of the balance sheet and income balances are expressed in real terms.