This post was translated by Regulatory.News for informational purposes only; the content below is not an official translation from the regulator. See the content in its original language here.
The National Banking and Securities Commission (CNBV) publishes the financial and statistical information at the end of September 2020 of the Credit Unions (UC) sector
- Statistical information is published at the end of September 2020 on the Credit Unions sector, made up of 83 entities in operation, the same number as in the same month in 2019.
- At the end of September 2020, the total assets of the Credit Unions (sector) reached $ 60,050 million pesos , with an annual decrease in real terms of 8.9%.
- The current loan portfolio of the sector reached a balance of $ 43,685 million pesos as of September 2020, with a real decrease of 9.6% compared to the same month of 2019.
- Bank loans, partners and other organizations were for $ 47,260 million pesos, with a real annual decrease of 10.2%. 69.5% corresponded to partner loans, which decreased 9.6% in real terms.
- The net result of the sector was $ 308 million pesos, 61.4% lower in real terms compared to September 2019.
- The return on assets (ROA) was 0.54% and the return on equity (ROE) 3.06%, at the end of September 2020.
 The amounts are presented in millions of current pesos, indicated with the initials ‘mdp’, except when otherwise indicated. Sums of totals and variances may not match due to rounding of figures. On the other hand, the annual and monthly variations of the balance sheet and income balances are expressed in real terms.