This post was translated by Regulatory.News for informational purposes only; the content below is not an official translation from the regulator. See the content in its original language here.
The CNBV publishes statistical information at the end of September 2021 of the Multiple Banking sector, made up of 51 institutions in operation
- Consolidated statistical information is published of the Multiple Banking sector, at the end of September 2021, made up of 50 institutions in operation.
- At the end of September 2021, the total assets of the Multiple Banking sector reached $ 11,086 billion pesos (mmdp), which represented a real annual decrease of 7.6%.
- The current loan portfolio of the Multiple Banking sector was $ 5,259 billion pesos, with a real annual decrease of 7.7% compared to the same month of 2020.
- The balance of the current consumer portfolio has presented consecutive monthly growth since March 2021. Between February and September 2021, this portfolio registered an increase of $ 40 billion pesos, equivalent to 0.9% in real terms.
- In terms of the quality of the portfolio, the NPL ratio stood at 2.30%, 0.24 pp (points
percentage) more than the level observed in September 2020. For its part, the Index of
Adjusted delinquency, after an annual growth of 0.33 pp, stood at 4.93%.
- The Preventive Estimates for Credit Risks registered a balance of $ 190 billion pesos, equivalent to a real annual decrease of 11.4%.
- Total fundraising was $ 6,681 billion pesos, with a real annual decrease of 5.6%. Of this amount, 65.2% corresponded to deposits of immediate demand, which grew 2.4% annually in real terms.
- The accumulated net result of the sector during the January-September 2021 period was $ 126 billion pesos, 42.7% higher in real terms compared to the same period of 2020. For its part, the return on assets (ROA) was located at 1.31% and the return on equity (ROE) at 11.89%.
 Consolidated information on Multiple Banking institutions with 14 Multiple Purpose Financial Companies, Regulated Entities (SOFOMER) is included: Banamex with (1) Banamex Cards, Santander with (2) Santander Consumo and (3) Santander Inclusión Financiera, BBVA Bancomer with (4) Financiera Ayudamos, CIBanco with (5) Finanmadrid México, Banco del Bajío with (6) Financiera Bajío, Banregio with (7) Start Banregio, Inbursa with (8) FC Financial and (9) SOFOM Inbursa, Affirme with (10 ) Arrendadora Afirme, Banco Base with (11) Arrendadora Base, Sabadell with (12) SabCapital, Invex with (13) Invex Consumo and Bancrea with (14) Arrendadora Bancrea.
 The amounts are presented in billions of pesos (expressed as “mmdp”) except when otherwise indicated. In some cases, the sums of the variances and the totals may not match due to rounding of figures. On the other hand, the annual and monthly variations of the balance sheet and income balances are expressed in real terms.