This post was translated by Regulatory.News for informational purposes only; the content below is not an official translation from the regulator. See the content in its original language here.
The CNBV publishes statistical information at the end of August 2021 on the Cooperative Savings and Loan Societies (SOCAP) sector, made up of 155 entities in operation.
- Statistical information is published at the end of August 2021 on the Savings and Loan Cooperative Societies (SOCAP) sector, made up of 155 entities in operation.
- At the end of August 2021, the total assets of the SOCAP reached $ 205,852 million pesos (mp), which represented a real annual increase of 4.3%.
- The current loan portfolio of the sector reached a balance of $ 108,044 million pesos at the end of August 2021, with a real increase of 0.2% compared to the same month of 2020.
- Total fundraising made up of traditional fundraising and bank loans and loans from other organizations totaled $ 166,788 million pesos, which meant a real annual increase of 5.8%. 57.7% of this account corresponded to deposits of immediate demand, which presented a real annual growth of 8.0%.
- The accumulated net result at the end of August 2021 was $ 2,075 million pesos, a figure 25.2% lower in real terms compared to that obtained in August 2020. The return on assets (ROA) was located at 1.27% and the return on stockholders’ equity (ROE ) was 7.52%.
 The amounts of the statement are presented in millions of current pesos, indicated with the initials ‘mdp’, except when otherwise indicated. Sums of totals and variances may not match due to rounding of figures. On the other hand, the annual and monthly variations of the balance sheet and income balances are expressed in real terms. Indicator variations are presented in percentage points (pp). The updating of the figures was made considering the value of the National Consumer Price Index (INPC).