This post was translated by Regulatory.News for informational purposes only; the content below is not an official translation from the regulator. See the content in its original language here.
The CNBV publishes the statistical and financial information of the 35 brokerage houses in operation at the end of September 2020.
- Statistical information on the Brokerage Houses sector is published, at the end of September 2020, made up of 35 Brokerage Houses in operation.
- At the end of September 2020, the total assets of the Brokerage Houses sector reached $ 953 billion pesos (mmdp), which represented a real annual increase of 24.0%.
- Investments in securities of the Brokerage Houses reached a balance of $ 599 billion pesos at the end of September, with a real annual increase of 14.2% compared to the same month in 2019.
- Memorandum accounts reached $ 9,596 billion pesos, with a real annual decrease of 6.8%. Of this amount, 92.0% corresponded to operations on behalf of third parties, which decreased 9.3% in real annual terms.
- The net result of the sector was $ 3,903 million pesos (mp), 2.2% lower in real terms compared to September 2019. For its part, the return on assets (ROA), stood at 0.70% and the return on equity (ROE), at 11.43%
 The amounts are presented in billions of pesos (bpd). The growth rates correspond to variations in real terms, with the exception of those corresponding to indicators, which are expressed in percentage points (pp). Also, in some cases, the sums of the variances and the totals may not match due to rounding of figures.
 ROA: Net income (accumulated 12 months) / Total assets, average 12 months
 ROE: Net income (accumulated 12 months) / Stockholders’ equity, average 12 months