This post was translated by Regulatory.News for informational purposes only; the content below is not an official translation from the regulator. See the content in its original language here.
The CNBV publishes statistical information at the end of September 2021 on the Popular Financial Companies (Sofipos) sector.
- The Commission publishes statistical information on the Sofipos sector at the end of September 2021, made up of 40 companies in operation.
- As of the reference date, the total assets of the Sofipos sector reached $ 34,776 million pesos (mp), which represented a real annual decrease of 0.4%.
- The current loan portfolio of the Sofipos sector registered a balance of $ 21,795 million pesos at the end of September, with a real annual decrease of 3.4% compared to the same month of 2020.
- Traditional fundraising was $ 24,165 million pesos, with a real annual increase of 3.5%. Of this amount, 19.4% corresponded to deposits of immediate demand and 79.9% to time deposits, the latter increased 1.9% in real annual terms.
- The sector obtained a negative net result of $ 99 million pesos, a loss of $ 281 million pesos lower than that of September 2020. For its part, the return on assets (ROA) was -1.66% and the return on equity (ROE) at -8.99%.
 Sociedad Financiera de Crédito Popular Nacional, SA de CV, SFP (revoked on October 19, 2018) rejoined the sector on June 8, 2021, after the cancellation of its revocation, and on August 16, 2021 the start of operations at Grupo Regional de Negocios, SA de CV, SFP
The amounts are presented in millions of current pesos, indicated with the initials ‘mdp’, except when otherwise indicated. Sums of totals and variances may not match due to rounding of figures. On the other hand, the annual and quarterly variations of the balance sheet balances and results are expressed in real terms. Indicator variations are presented in percentage terms (pp). The figures were updated considering the value of the National Consumer Price Index (INPC).