This post was translated by Regulatory.News for informational purposes only; the content below is not an official translation from the regulator. See the content in its original language here.
The CNBV publishes updated statistical information at the end of January 2021 of the Development Banking institutions that are in operation.
- Statistical information is published at the end of January 2021 of the Development Banking sector, made up of 6 institutions in operation.
- The total assets of the sector were located at $ 2,330.8 billion pesos (mmdp), with a real annual increase of 4.8% compared to January 2020.
- The total loan portfolio reached a balance of $ 1,076.7 billion pesos and registered a real annual increase of 2.1%.
- Liabilities amounted to $ 2,124.0 billion pesos, with a real annual increase of 4.5%. Time deposits registered a real annual increase of 3.5%, with a balance of $ 768.8 billion pesos and represented 62.7% of the total deposits. On the other hand, deposits of immediate demand presented an annual growth of 73.1%, with a balance of $ 53.4 billion pesos and contributed 4.4% of the total deposits.
- The net result of the sector was $ 1.24 billion pesos and accumulated a decrease of $ 0.93 billion pesos compared to the balance of January 2020. The return on assets (ROA), accumulated at 12 months, was -0.10%, while the return on equity (ROE), accumulated at 12 months, was -1.23%.
 Amounts are presented in billions of current pesos (bpd), except when otherwise indicated. Sums of totals and variances may not match due to rounding of figures. On the other hand, the annual and monthly variations of the balance sheet and income balances are expressed in real terms. Indicator variations are presented in percentage terms (pp). The updating of the figures was made considering the value of the National Consumer Price Index (INPC).