This post was translated by Regulatory.News for informational purposes only; the content below is not an official translation from the regulator. See the content in its original language here.
The CNBV publishes updated statistical information at the end of June 2021 of the Development Banking institutions that are in operation.
- Statistical information is published at the end of June 2021 on the Development Banking sector, made up of 6 institutions in operation.
- The total assets of the sector were located at $ 2,295.4 billion pesos (mmdp), with a real annual decrease of 7.5% compared to June 2020.
- The total loan portfolio reached a balance of $ 1,036.0 billion pesos and registered a real annual decrease of 13.1%.
- Liabilities were $ 2,076.2 billion pesos, with a real annual decrease of 9.2%. Total deposits decreased 9.9%, reaching a balance of $ 1,189.1 billion pesos and represented 57.3% of total liabilities.
- The net result of the sector was $ 10.6 billion pesos from January to June 2021, which represented an increase of $ 3.8 billion pesos compared to the same period in 2020. The return on assets (ROA) was 0.09%, while the return on capital (ROE) of 0.97%, in both cases with accumulated figures at 12 months.
 The amounts are referred to in billions of current pesos, indicated with the initials ‘mmdp’, while in the tables these amounts are presented in millions of pesos ‘mdp’, except when something different is indicated in both cases. Sums of totals and variances may not match due to rounding of figures. On the other hand, the annual and quarterly variations of the balances of both the balance sheet and the results are expressed in real terms. Indicator variations are presented in percentage terms (pp). The updating of the figures was made considering the value of the National Consumer Price Index (INPC).