The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) is organising a webinar on Monday 27 July 2020 from 13:00 – 14:30 CET (11:00-12:30 GMT), to discuss the FATF’s recent report on Money Laundering and the Illegal Wildlife Trade.
What Is It About?
The objective of this webinar will be to discuss the main money laundering trends linked to IWT, as well as practical examples of how governments, the private sector and civil society can tackle ML from IWT. The webinar will also discuss next steps and commitments for action across government and non-government stakeholders.
Who is it for?
This webinar is for national and international AML/CFT and wildlife crime experts, as well as private sector and civil society representatives. The webinar will include senior participation from the FATF, including the current FATF President. It will be a moderated panel discussion with representatives from national governments, the United for Wildlife Financial Taskforce, the Eastern and Southern Africa Anti-Money Laundering Group (ESAAMLG), the United Nations Office for Drugs and Crime (UNODC), and civil society.
- Mr. Mingyou Bao, Head of Chinese Delegation to FATF
- Mr. Daniel Thelesklaf, Moderator
Session 1: What does Money Laundering from illegal wildife trade look like?
- Mr. Martin Wyard – Head of AML/CFT Capacity Building within UK Treasury and co-lead of the FATF report
- Mr. Nick Ahlers, Senior Global Expert with TRAFFIC
Session 2: What should countries, financial institutions and civil society be doing to help combat money laundering from illegal wildlife trade?
- Mr. Tyron Mokgathong, Senior Prosecutor in Botswana and co-lead of the FATF report
- Ms. Marcy Forman, Managing Director, Global Investigations Unit, AML Compliance, Citi
- Mr. Fabrizio Fioroni, UNODC, Regional Advisor (Southeast Asia) on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism
Session 3: Next steps and commitments
- Dr. Marcus Pleyer, FATF President
- Mr. Scott Rembrandt, Head of US Delegation to FATF and Deputy Assistant Secretary US Treasury
- Ms. Melissa Tullis, Programme Officer, UNODC
- Mr. David Fein, Senior Counsel at Standard Chartered Bank and Co-chair of the United for Wildlife Financial Taskforce
- Mr. Joseph Jagada, Senior Official with the Eastern and Southern Africa Anti-Money Laundering Group Secretariat (ESAAMLG)
Please register for this webinar session at this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ociEQ1j4QWOUNzt-Ynruow. The recording of the webinar will be published on the FATF website.