In a Notice published in the OSC Bulletin on October 8, 2020, the Commission invited applications for positions on the Securities Advisory Committee (“SAC”). SAC provides advice to the Commission and staff on a variety of matters including legislative and policy initiatives and important capital markets trends and brings various issues to the attention of the Commission and staff.
The Commission was very impressed with the number of highly qualified practitioners who applied for positions on SAC and would like to thank all those who applied.
The Commission is pleased to publish the names of the four new members who will be participating on SAC for the next three years:
• Chris Birkett, Toronto Stock Exchange
• Margaret Chow, Richardson GMP Limited
• Bradley Freelan, Fasken Martinea DuMoulin LLP
• Chris Sunstrum, Goodmans LLP
The members of SAC have staggered terms. The continuing members of SAC are:
• Kathryn J. Daniels, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
• Linda Fuerst, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
• Desmond Lee, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
• Jennifer F. Longhurst, Davies Ward Phillips Vineberg LLP
• Julie Mansi, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
• Leila Rafi, McMillan LLP
• Rima Ramchandani, Torys LLP
• Ora Wexler, Dentons LLP
The Commission would like to take this opportunity to thank the four members of SAC, listed below, whose terms have ended and who have served on the Committee with great dedication. Their advice and guidance on a range of issues has been very valuable to the Commission.
• Deanna Dobrowsky, Toronto Stock Exchange
• Margaret Gunawan, BlackRock Asset Management
• Barbara Hendrickson, Bax Securities Law
• Blair Wiley, Wealthsimple
Reference: Naizam Kanji
This news item was originally published by the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC CA). For more information, see the Source Link.