This post was translated by Regulatory.News for informational purposes only; the content below is not an official translation from the regulator. See the content in its original language here.
The National Banking and Securities Commission (CNBV) publishes the financial and statistical information at the end of November 2021 of the Credit Unions (UC) sector
- Statistical information is published at the end of November 2021 of the Credit Union sector, made up of 82 entities in operation, one less than in the same month of 2020.
- Total assets of the Credit Unions sector reached $62,511 million pesos with an annual decrease in real terms of 2.7%.
- The current credit portfolio of the sector reached a balance of $45,604 million pesos as of November 2021, with a real decrease of 1.6% compared to the same month of 2020.
- Bank loans, from partners and other organizations were for $49,028 million pesos, with a real annual decrease of 2.5%. 66.7% corresponded to partner loans, which decreased 6.6% in real annual terms.
- The net result of the sector was $691 million pesos, 73.8.% higher in real terms compared to the period January – November 2020.
- The return on assets (ROA) was 1.35% and the return on stockholders’ equity (ROE) was 7.07%, as of the end of November 2021.
 The amounts in the statement are presented in millions of current pesos, indicated with the acronym ‘mdp’, except when otherwise indicated. The sums of the totals and the variations may not add up due to the rounding of figures. On the other hand, the annual and monthly variations of the balance sheet balances as well as results are expressed in real terms. Indicator variations are presented in percentage terms (pp). The figures were updated considering the value of the National Consumer Price Index (INPC).