This post was translated by Regulatory.News for informational purposes only; the content below is not an official translation from the regulator. See the content in its original language here.
The CNBV publishes statistical information at the end of November 2021 of the Popular Financial Companies (Sofipos) sector.
- The CNBV publishes statistical information on the Sofipos sector at the end of November 2021, made up of 40 companies in operation.
- As of the reference date, the total assets of the Sofipos sector reached $34,992 million pesos (mdp)which represented a real annual decrease of 1.9%.
- The current credit portfolio of the Sofipos sector registered a balance of $22,226 million pesos at the end of November, with a real annual decrease of 3.9% compared to the same month of 2020.
- Traditional fundraising was $24,193 million pesos, with a real annual increase of 4.5%. Of this amount, 16.5% corresponded to immediate demand deposits and 82.8% to term deposits, the latter of which increased 5.6% in real annual terms.
- The sector obtained a negative net result of $181 million pesos, a lower loss of $275 million pesos compared to November 2020. For its part, the return on assets (ROA) was -1.66% and the return on stockholders’ equity (ROE) was at -9.19%.
 Sociedad Financiera de Crédito Popular Nacional, SA de CV, SFP (revoked on October 19, 2018) rejoined the sector on June 8, 2021, after the cancellation of its revocation, and on August 16, 2021 the start of operations to Grupo Regional de Negocios, SA de CV, SFP
The amounts are presented in millions of current pesos, indicated with the acronym ‘mdp’, except when otherwise indicated. The sums of the totals and the variations may not add up due to the rounding of figures. On the other hand, the annual and monthly variations of the balance sheet balances as well as results are expressed in real terms. Indicator variations are presented in percentage terms (pp). The figures were updated considering the value of the National Consumer Price Index (INPC).