The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) today issued a new “Problem Bank Supervision” booklet of the Comptroller’s Handbook. This booklet is part of the Examination Process series of the Comptroller’s Handbook.
The “Problem Bank Supervision” booklet
- replaces “An Examiner’s Guide to Problem Bank Identification, Rehabilitation, and Resolution,” dated January 2001.
- incorporates OCC Bulletin 2018-33, “Prompt Corrective Action: Guidelines and Rescissions.”
Note for Community Banks
The “Problem Bank Supervision” booklet applies to the supervision of community banks.1
The new booklet
- includes information regarding timely identification and rehabilitation of problem banks and advanced supervision, enforcement, and resolution when conditions warrant.
- includes a comprehensive discussion of the OCC’s authority under 12 CFR 6, “Prompt Corrective Action.”
- complements other booklets of the Comptroller’s Handbook and topical OCC and interagency issuances.
Please contact Michael Brickman, Deputy Comptroller for Special Supervision, at (202) 649-6450.
Grovetta N. Gardineer
Senior Deputy Comptroller for Bank Supervision Policy
This news item was originally published by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC US). For more information, see the Source Link.